Ever wanted to learn how to speak French, Spanish, or any other language? Never got started because you weren’t sure which one you’d really use or would be easiest for you to learn? Here is a quick guide to the three most popular foreign language courses that will help you decide which one is right for you!
- The ability to speak to 1 in every 6 people on earth.
- A growing language in the world of business.
- Very tonal language, and can be easy to say the wrong thing when the tone is wrong.
- Completely different writing characters.
- Estimated Time to Fluency: Estimated 2,200 class hours or taking Mandarin classes for 5 hours a day for 88 weeks.
- Be able to communicate in at least 21 countries. (There are 400 million speakers worldwide.)
- One of the easiest languages for English speakers to learn.
- Learning how to conjugate in different tenses. (Those who have taken Spanish classes should know that they have to learn one extra tense!)
- Understanding native speakers. (Spanish is spoken at 7.82 syllables per second!)
- Estimated Time to Fluency: Conversational fluency can be achieved in 350 hours, or 1 hour per day for a year.
- Spoken and widely used in many industries, such as fashion, hospitality, automotive, aeronautics, luxury goods, and politics.
- An increased understanding of French culture.
- Pronunciation. Many words use the back of the throat to produce sounds, which is not common or easy for English speakers.
- Tricky subject-verb agreements that do not follow their own rules. The number of exceptions are too many to count, it comes down to memorization!
- Estimated Time to Fluency: An estimated 3 years to achieve intermediate fluency, with a student taking 1 hour per day to learn the language.
The Study offers a variety of foreign language courses in different learning environments, such as public group classes, private group classes, one-on-one classes, all of which are delivered through the blended learning method. Learn how to speak French, Spanish, Mandarin and more when you sign up for a class with The Study today!